Wednesday 5 July 2023

Mal's Medical Situations



NOTE: This post is not a "pity-party/woe-is-me" thing, as I'm simply sharing a very brief insight into some of the reasons as to why I may act so "up-and-down" from time to time.
All of this is all quite frustrating for me, as I was always quite well health-wise overall, until my mid-40's! (I'm 57 now).
Blimey... I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, nor gamble, nor video games (what a boring old fart, huh? lol)
I guess the 'joys' of a life-time lived with stress, anxiety, and depression has caught up with my physical health!




(NB. Click on these links to go to that page)








Bookmark this page : Mal's Medical Situations

8 comments:

  1. You also have to be careful with the medication from the UC interfering with the Bipolar problems. Some people (like me) find that prednisone exaggerates depressive symptoms and other people who are prone to "overenthusiasm" or hypomania, can find that this is exaggerated! Definitely hope you get through this stage quickly & can take less prednisone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Murf. We're well aware of that as well. I'm reducing the prednisone week by week until it's at zero, so it's all good.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are going gluten free. I know of so many people, including myself this change of diet has helped. A friend with Crohn's Disease, another with pancreatic cancer. Stick with it. It's not hard, gluten free food is available at most venues now and simple to prepare. Lola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola. Both Bindy (my partner) and I are gluten-free, and it's helping both of us wonderfully. Some days are better than others, that's all. But we're getting there.

      Delete
  3. I have known of a few people who have seemingly come out of ulcerative colitis, or at least been free of it for 20 years or more. There's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks David. Today is a better day... it kinda comes and goes like that for me. That's the frustration of it... you can't always *pick* it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update Mal, you my friend are a warrior! I see to be more on the depressive side of the Bi-polar spectrum, Prozac and gabapentin seem to work pretty well for now. The gabapentin also helps with my diabetic neuropathy. Panic attacks never easy to deal with, but I found that if I keep reminding myself that it is only a panic attack, it seems to lessen in intensity and duration. I'm thankful I have no problem with UC or MS, I can only hope that the treatment works well for you.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. Life has certainly become and 'interesting' jounrey for us, hasn't it? :O

      Delete